Monday, May 4, 2009

Discoveries.

Hi all.

I know it's been a while. I suck. :P I really go through cycles where I don't check or update anything online.

So anyway... everything is going pretty well, and I made a few discoveries recently.

One of said discoveries is that I found out I *really* like to power walk. Never in a million did I think I would enjoy fitness walking so much, but I really, really do! I'll admit, I always scoffed a bit at the idea of walking for exercise because I love high-impact crazy workouts (kickboxing, P90X, step aerobics etc) or going out and riding my bike. I didn't think I would get the calorie burn I wanted with walking, but I totally do! I get a good sweat on! I've done some 2 hour walks (walking quickly), some interval (mostly fast walking, with some jogging for 90 second to 2 minute intervals), and power walking along to a program with a walking coach that I put on my ipod. I got the walking kit for free when I signed up for Weight Watchers and I never thought I'd use it. And yes, the coach you listen to is a bit dorky... but she tells you when to increase the pace, when to pump your arms, etc. I always do better with fitness programs when I have someone telling me exactly what to do... I push harder than when I work out by myself. After I did all the walking, I was surprised to find I was sore the next day or two. With all the working out I do, I didn't think a measly walk would affect my muscles so much. It totally did. So I'll be working in walks/running with Turbo Jam over the next few weeks.

Another discovery is that I may have found part of the culprit of my mystery weight gains over the past 3 weeks. One of my medications changed, and it correlates exactly with when my weight started to increase. I was on this different brand of medication for three weeks, and was done with it on Saturday. It'll be interesting to see if my weight goes back down now, since I've been doing everything else right.

I'm starting a little something-something new at the end of this week with my nutrition too. More on that later! I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment