Friday, May 29, 2009

Almost there...

I'm almost back down into the 120's... yay! 2 pounds away. That's my first mini-goal. It has been a struggle for sure, but I'm doing it! :) When I started P90X I was at 123... getting back down to that weight will be my next little goal. Then it's the home stretch to ultimate goal. It's the home stretch that is the hardest part of all- that's where I plateaued last time and then gained. I sooOOOooo want to get there this time. I must!

The past 2 weekends I have had a day that has thrown me off track (my nephew's bday- CAKE, and memorial day- BBQ!) But this weekend is pretty much free and clear, besides seeing Star Trek with one of my friends. I kinda got shanghaied into that. lol But anyway, my nutrition will remain strong this weekend and those 2 lbs shall be shed soon. I may start doing video weigh-ins (like my pal Triple Q on YouTube)... I'm not sure though. It would be a good way to stay accountable since my Weight Watchers weigh ins will be done in a few weeks, but then again I don't know if I want all of YouTube seeing my weight every week. lol I'll have to think on that.

Anyway. Here's a recipe for a low-cal dessert item (I made this on Memorial Day.) It is called Orange Fluff... but affectionately got renamed "Orange Crap" at my Memorial Day party. "Hey Ang- that Orange Crap is pretty good!" lol

(1) 8 oz fat free sour cream
(1) .35 oz box sugar free orange gelatin dessert
(1) 8 oz container fat free cool whip
(1) 11 oz can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained

Stir the sour cream, gelatin, and cool whip together until well mixed. Fold in the orange segments. Serve chilled.

Calories: 149 Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 7mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 4g

I used this as a topping for angel food cake and it tasted really good. The Orange Crap was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment