Saturday, January 31, 2009

not the best weekend...

So, I haven't done the best this weekend with my nutrition. I had done SO well all through January, even avoiding the inevitable treats at work (including donuts and several bday cakes.) I was so proud of abstaining from those things, then I go and blow 2 days straight. I'm not even saying I pigged out on a ton of greasy fried foods- but I know between yesterday and today I have gone way over my acceptable calorie intake. I've been under a little stress- and I'm realizing I respond differently in regards to food with different types of stress. When I'm going through romantic struggles, I can't eat at all. My stomach is usually tied in knots and the thought of food repels me. This weekend it's more financial stress (found out I need a lot of work done on my car) and I have not stopped putting things in my mouth. I wish I could find healthier ways to deal with my issues. I never feel good about myself when I respond to life problems in this way.

Anyhow... I was supposed to take my weight and stats this weekend, but there's no way I can bring myself to step on that scale right now. It will have to wait till next weekend.

On a brighter note, I have certainly kept up with working out. I bought P90X+ Kenpo Cardio and did it for the first time today. It's pretty good! It integrates many of the moves Tony Horton introduces in KenpoX, but uses them in different combinations (lots of variations on sword/hammer!) In the last sequence he throws in some new high intensity moves to help break that final sweat. The segments are performed in sets... you do an entire set 2 times through, then have a short cardio break before moving on to the next duo of sets. The little cardio blasts between aren't as intense as KenpoX (at least to me), but overall I thought this was an effective workout. I used my wristweights (which I LOVE) and I was pretty darn sweaty by the end, which always pleases me. I look forward to doing it again.

I've been doing a nice array of workout DVDs lately, I'll probably do little mini reviews here. Overall I'm pleased with them as a whole.

That's all for now...

1 comment:

  1. Not a big deal, it's just all about how you respond to it, Angelee. You know that. Everyone has a day or two (or three) that are not their best. I've done many more than that in a row, actually. The thing is, you have to realize it (which you've already done) and then make an attempt to correct it in the way you wish to.......

    Plus, you are keeping up with workouts, which is better than cheating on your eating a lot and then not working out at all.

    Glad to see you are blogging! It's awesome to have you aboard! You're one of my favs, as you know.

    ReplyDelete