Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5K, here I come!

So, not a long post... I barely write on here anymore! But anyway, I'm excited to report that I am more than halfway through training for my first 5K run in August. I am doing the "Couch to 5K" program and am currently in week 6 of the 9 week regimen. It's not always easy, I will admit (running doesn't come naturally to me)- HOWEVER I do not *hate* to run anymore like I used to. Running 3x a week has become kind of standard. And luckily I have the support of my sweet boyfriend, who is also doing this training with me. It was actually his idea- without him I would have never undertaken running or even thought about a 5K. He's awesome for helping to keep me going and pushing me beyond my normal boundaries.

As for other fitness stuff, I'm considering trying a personal trainer for a few months upon the suggestion of the staff at my Endocrinologist's (thyroid doc) office. The struggle continues for me with my extra flab... as always. But I have a feeling that in about a year I'm going to want to be looking my best for a potential life-changing ceremony. Did I mention that my boyfriend is awesome? :)

That's all for now. I have a smile on my face, and I'm off to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment